1. Opening Statement We respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data and your child’s personal data. We will be clear about what data we collect and why we collect it. This privacy statement explains the personal information we collect from you, why we collect it, how we will use it and how we protect it. The reference to personal data in this privacy notice applies to the personal data of you and your child.
The Playroom Stillorgan collects personal data about you and your child in order to provide a care and education service to your child. By registering your child for our services at The Playroom Stillorgan you agree to the use of your personal information as described in this Statement.
The Playroom Stillorgan is a Controller of the personal data you (the data subject) provide us. We collect the following types of personal data from you, about you and your child: • Personal Data: your child’s name, date of birth, your address, contact details of adults authorised to collect your child, PPS number and social welfare status. • Sensitive Personal Data: health and medical needs of your child, where required for child protection or regulatory requirements.
2. Why We Collect Your Personal Data? We use the personal data you share with us in the child record form, so we can communicate with you, to provide care and education for your child and for the purposes of administration.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to this. We will also request information on adults authorised to collect your child. This is required to ensure the safety of your child while they are attending The Playroom Stillorgan.
Sensitive personal data includes medical information/instructions about your child, this would be required in case of emergency or if medication needs to be administered. Sensitive personal data also includes religious beliefs, we collect this information so we can respect religious festivals, days and events.
3. Sharing & Disclosure We strive to keep yours and your child’s personal data safe and only share it when necessary. We recognise that parents have a right to know that the information they share with The Playroom Stillorgan is maintained confidentially. We only disclose your information as authorised in this Statement. We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your personal information with the third parties listed below.
Who We May Share Your Personal Information With: • Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) • Pobal PIP System & Pobal Compliance Officers • An Garda Síochána • Tusla Early Years Inspectorate • Health & Safety Authority • National Employment Rights Authority • The Revenue Commissioners • Tusla - Child and Family Agency • Early Childhood Ireland • Dun Laoghaire- Rathdown County Childcare Committee
Protection of The Playroom Stillorgan & others and Disclosures for Law Enforcement Under certain circumstances The Playroom Stillorgan may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement requirements.
4. What we do with your data? Your personal data is stored and processed in The Playroom Stillorgan located at The Playroom Stillorgan Address. Your personal data may also be held of site at name of location (e.g. storage facility)
5. How long we keep your personal data? We are required to keep records relating to your child for a period of 2 years after your child has left our service. There may be a circumstance where data relating to your child is required to be held for a longer period of time. This will be outlined to you. In the event of an accident/incident personal data relating to your child will be held on file until your child is 21 years of age. After this period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed.
6. What are your rights?
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect all personal data we hold in our records and keep it secure. Unfortunately, no organisation can guarantee complete security.
Right of Access Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information. Please use the Subject Access Request Form and contact the Owner/Manager at [Email Address] or in writing at [Address]. We will acknowledge your request and respond to you within 1 month.
Right to Rectification Please advise the service of any changes in your or your child’s personal information, as soon as possible. Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incomplete or incorrect complete, you have the ability to request to see this information and have it rectified.
Right to Erasure In certain circumstances, data subjects have the right to erasure of their data. Please contact the Owner/Manager at [Email Address] or in writing at [Address]. We will acknowledge your request and respond to you within 1 month. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
Right to Restrict Processing Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. data. Please contact the Owner/Manager at [Email Address] or in writing at [Address]. We will acknowledge your request and respond to you within 1 month. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
Right to Object You have the right to object and be removed from any direct marketing emails
Right to Portability Data subjects can ask that their personal data be transferred to them or a third party in machine readable format (Word, PDF, etc.). However, such requests can only be fulfilled if the data in question is: 1) provided by the data subject to the service, 2) is processed automatically and 3) is processed based on consent or fulfilment of a contract. An example of this would be if a parent wanted their child’s file sent to a new service.
In the event, that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact the Owner/Manager of The Playroom Stillorgan at email@example.com or in writing at Eircode A94CY98. The Owner/Manager will then investigate your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact Irish Data Protection Authority and file a complaint with them.
Date September 2020 Owner The Playroom Stillorgan Related GDPR Articles 12, 13, 14